The Gear Closet sale is your chance to turn your old gear into new gear and get great deals on used gear you want. We will have our next Gear Closet sale April 27 and 28th, 2019.
Here’s how it works:
1) Bring your used casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment that you want to sell down to Salem Summit from April 15th to April 25th at the following times:
Monday 15th – 10am-5pm
Tuesday 16th – 10am-6pm
Wednesday 17th – 10am- 6pm
Thursday 18th – 10am-6pm
Friday 19th – 10am-6pm
Saturday 20th – 10am-4pm
Sunday 21st- 12pm-4pm
Monday 22nd – 10am-5pm
Tuesday 23rd – 10am-6pm
Wednesday 24th – 10am-6pm
Thursday 25th – 10am-6pm
2) You set a sale price for your items (we are happy to advise and suggest a price range) and complete the inventory check-in sheet. This sheet can be filled out in advance (download here) or it can be completed in the shop.
3) Items that have not sold after the first day of the sale will be marked down 10% for the second day of the sale.
4) After your gear sells you get 100% of the value in store credit at Salem Summit. If any of your gear has not been sold we ask that you pick it up in the week after the sale, after that date it will be donated.
All tents must be set up to prove they are in working order. We welcome you to set your tent up for us at the shop so we can inspect it. As an alternative, we will offer a $5 service to mark your tent with the Salem Summit stamp of approval, which includes setting up, inspecting and repacking your tent and creating a display card with pictures and a detailed description to help your tent find a new home!
1) If you don’t have anything you want to sell but you’re looking for good deals, you’re in luck! Come shop through all of the used gear other people have consigned and check out our new fall inventory.
Once the sale is over you will have one week to pick up your unsold items, after that date they will be donated.
We will accept casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment related to the following activities: climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, camping, traveling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc… We WILL NOT accept bicycles, downhill ski bindings, snowboard bindings, climbing harnesses or other life saving equipment. Vintage climbing gear will be considered on a case by case basis.
Terms of Sale:
All items brought in for consignment must be clean and ready for sale. Items that have heavy tears, stains, or other obvious defects may be refused from sale. Salem Summit is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. All sales are final on used items purchased at the Gear Closet sale, no returns or exchanges.