The Gear Closet sale is your chance to turn your old gear into new gear and get great deals on used gear you want.
Here’s how it works:
- Bring your used casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment that you want to sell down to Salem Summit on weekdays between April 15th and April 25th from 10am-6pm and special hours on April 16th
- You set a sale price for your items (we are happy to advise and suggest a price range) and complete the inventory check-in sheet. This sheet can be completed in the shop or it can be filled out in advance:
- Items that have not sold after the first day of the sale will be marked down 10% for the second day of the sale.
- After your gear sells you get 100% of the value in store credit at Salem Summit. If any of your gear has not been sold we ask that you pick it up before May 4th, after that date it will be donated.
- If you don’t have anything you want to sell but you’re looking for good deals, you’re in luck! Come shop through all of the used gear other people have consigned and check out our new fall inventory.
We will be accepting items for the sale on weekdays from April 15th-April 25th between the hours of 10am-6pm and on Saturday, April 16th from 10am-2pm at Salem Summit. No items will be accepted after April 25th so that we have time to get everything ready for the sale. Once the sale is over you will have until May 4th to pick up your unsold items, after that date they will be donated.
We will accept casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment related to the following activities: climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, camping, traveling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc… We WILL NOT accept bicycles, downhill ski bindings, climbing harnesses or other life saving equipment. Vintage climbing gear will be considered on a case by case basis.
All items that are unsold and marked for donation or items that have not been picked up after May 4th will be donated to the Good 360 program run by the United Way. The Good 360 program matches gifts with qualified nonprofit agencies working in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Terms of Sale
All items brought in for consignment must be clean and ready for sale. Items that have heavy tears, stains, or other obvious defects may be refused from sale. Salem Summit is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. All sales are final on used items purchased at the Gear Closet sale, no returns or exchanges.