The Gear Closet sale is your chance to turn your old gear into new gear and get great deals on used gear you want. We will have our next Gear Closet sale on October 13th and 14th!
Here’s how it works:
1) Bring your used casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment that you want to sell down to Salem Summit on weekdays between October 1st and October 11th.
2) You set a sale price for your items (we are happy to advise and suggest a price range) and complete the inventory check-in sheet. This sheet can be filled out in advance (download here) or it can be completed in the shop.
3) Items that have not sold after the first day of the sale will be marked down 10% for the second day of the sale.
4) After your gear sells you get 100% of the value in store credit at Salem Summit. If any of your gear has not been sold we ask that you pick it up before October 20th, after that date it will be donated.
1) If you don’t have anything you want to sell but you’re looking for good deals, you’re in luck! Come shop through all of the used gear other people have consigned and check out our new fall inventory.
We will be accepting items for the sale on weekdays only from October 1st-October 5th and from October 8th-October 11th between the hours of 10am-6pm at Salem Summit. No items will be accepted after October 11th so that we have time to get everything ready for the day of the sale. Once the sale is over you will have until October 20th to pick up your unsold items, after that date they will be donated.
We will accept casual and technical outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment related to the following activities: climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, camping, traveling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc… We WILL NOT accept bicycles, downhill ski bindings, snowboard bindings, climbing harnesses or other life saving equipment. Vintage climbing gear will be considered on a case by case basis.
Terms of Sale:
All items brought in for consignment must be clean and ready for sale. Items that have heavy tears, stains, or other obvious defects may be refused from sale. Salem Summit is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. All sales are final on used items purchased at the Gear Closet sale, no returns or exchanges.